Charlotte Mecklenburg BLACK CHAMBER of Commerce
Want to make a difference in the community?
The Charlotte-Mecklenburg BLACK CHAMBER of Commerce is seeking qualified business owners and corporate & community leaders to volunteer your time and talent as a member of our Board of Directors (BOD).
CMBCC’s Board of Directors a working board, which provides strategic leadership and fiduciary oversight for the organization. In this volunteer role, you will partner with other BOD members to implement our 2020 Strategic Vision. You will be responsible for approving CMBCC’s annual budget & report and discussing, prioritizing and voting on initiatives in the best interest of the organization, its member companies and corporate & community partners.
- Attend monthly Board of Directors meetings.
- Review BOD meeting agenda and supporting materials prior to meeting.
- Maintain confidentiality of BOD discussions and avoid conflicts of interest.
- Assist with recruitment of potential staff and future board and / or committee members.
- Dedicate 10 – 15 hours per month to CMBCC activities. This may include BOD and / or committee meetings, CMBCC Signature Events, fundraising, etc.
- Actively participate in one or more fundraising initiatives.
CMBCC accepts applications for Board Membership on a rolling basis. A review committee evaluates those applications in October of each year — with the goal of welcoming new members to the board by January 1.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.cmbcc.org/wp-content/forms/CMBCC Board Member Application.pdf →